Please Note: We are currently working on a brand new website behind the scenes, so things may misbehave or not look quite right on the surface for now, but please bear with us - it'll be well worth it!

E&B Vs Ashford

Match Report by Denise Peach posted on 15th November 2015

E&B 2 - 2 Ashford

Match Stats

Date: Sat 14 Nov 2015

Kick Off: 3.00pm

Match Type: Southern Counties East Football League

Venue: Away

Score (FT): 2-2

Score (HT): 2-0

Referee: Unknown

Assistants: Unknown


Yellow Cards: None

Red Cards: None

Yellow Cards: None

Red Cards: None

Teams: George Kamurasi
Adam Cuthbert,
Chris Elliott,
Jack Healey,
Luke Cuthbert,
Pat Kingwell,
Ryan Palmer,
Mikey Dalton,
Shaun Welford,
Seb Schoburg
Paul Booth
Ellis Green
Danny Lye
Nick Luen
Tom Fagg
Josh Woolley

Attendance: Unknown

Southern Counties East Football League
Saturday 14th November 2015
by John Pease.

Last season Ashford came up to Park View Road and were thrashed 4-0. There were times, this afternoon, when one thought that history was about to repeat itself. However, for the second time in five days, The Nuts & Bolts turned matters around to managed to grab a share of the points.
The Ashford starting line up looked very strong on paper and their fans hoped for a win, but the first half proved a very different story. Ashford keeper George Kamurasi, returning to his old home, was soon called into action as the opening minutes were somewhat frantic. The game looked to have taken a positive step for the visitors after ten minutes. Seb Schoburg wriggled his way into the Dere’s penalty area only to be upended for a clear penalty. The regular spot kick taker, Paul Booth, was on the bench after his exertions on Tuesday, so up stepped Shaun Welford. Unfortunately, his shot was too near keeper Rilwan Anibaba who made a smart save. This was to prove a costly miss as Erith started to take control of the game and should have opened their account when Ashley Robinson missed an open goal. Ashford just did not seem to be firing on all cylinders and normally reliable performers were getting wrong footed too often for comfort. Home keeper Anibaba had to make a save from Ryan Palmer in the 20th minute but it was the home side who scored first three minutes later. Kamurasis made a flying save from a fierce cross shot but the exotically named Andreas Felipe Losada Tobon, lurking in the inside right channel, smashed a first time shot into the back of the net. Ashford were now being outplayed and out thought all over the park and, when they did manage to rally, they were being cleverly closed down. Home striker Jamie Wood fired a great chance straight to Kamurasi in the 39th minute but the Dere’s increased their lead within sixty seconds. Yet another Ashford attack was snuffed out and Erith broke away. Suddenly, it was four of them against two of ours and, when the ball found it’s way to Ashley Robinson, he unleashed a rocket from twenty yards that big George probably didn’t see. Half time arrived with Ashford two down when, in truth, it could have been much worse.
The second half started with Ashford pushing a bit harder but still not looking convincing. With 49 minutes gone Paul Booth replaced Seb Schoburg and gradually brought some semblance of order to our attack. Erith were now being pushed back into their own half and it was noticeable that Jamie Wood had dropped into their mid field, having vacated his striker’s role. On 62 minutes Ellis Green committed a bad clumsy foul which caused an outbreak of hand bags. Ellis apologised for this and went to great lengths to stop the situation getting out of control. When the players calmed down, the referee showed a yellow card to Ryan Palmer. No one seemed to know why but it did Ashford a favour as, four minutes later, a clearly miffed Ryan cracked home a great pass from Booth to make it 2-1. Ashford were now mounting more attacks as the home side adopted a negative take on the proceedings. The pity was that the final passes from Ashford were too often wayward. On 75 minutes Ellis Green was shown a yellow card for a silly challenge and, almost at once, was hooked for Tom Fagg. The first time Tom got the ball he was hit with a challenge that took both ball and man. The referee, who was very poor, did nothing and Tom, who was clearly hurt, had to be replaced after a few minutes by Josh Woolley. Ashford were getting closer and closer to the target as Erith tried to play out time. The visitors could now smell an equaliser. Home keeper Anibaba made a super save from Chris Elliott and Mikey Dalton picked up a yellow card for over enthusiasm. As the game entered time added on, Erith nearly scored and Shaun Welford headed over a glorious chance. It looked as though Ashford were doomed to travel home empty handed but, with 94 minutes on the clock, they launched one last all out effort. Guess what, it worked. After a frantic goal mouth scramble Shaun Welford poked the ball over the line and into the Erith net. Erith kicked off to re-start the game only to hear the final whistle. I thought was were somewhat lucky to get a point after a dreadful first half performance but Erith did themselves no favours by trying to shut up shop with over twenty minutes to go. Several Erith supporters said they thought we deserved to get the equaliser. I was told, after the game, that poor Tom Fagg had a suspected broken ankle. Get well soon, Tom.
M.O.M.? = Paul Booth made a big difference when he came on in the second half but my vote sent to Mikey Dalton who kept plugging away and was one of the few players to put in a consistent shift.