Please Note: We are currently working on a brand new website behind the scenes, so things may misbehave or not look quite right on the surface for now, but please bear with us - it'll be well worth it!

Beckenham Town 13/2/16 Won 6-1

Match Report by Kevin Hall posted on 14th February 2016

United run riot as Beckenham hit for six

Match Stats

Date: Sat 13 Feb 2016

Kick Off: 3.00pm

Match Type: Southern Counties East Football League

Venue: Homelands

Score (FT): 6-1

Score (HT): 2-0

Referee: De Quincey Bailey

Assistants: Steve Roots & D Tornbom


Yellow Cards: None

Red Cards: None

Yellow Cards: None

Red Cards: None

George Kamurasi
Adam Cuthbert
Charlie Dickens
Jack Healey
Mikey Dalton
Pat Kingwell
Ryan Palmer
Michael Phillips
Shaun Welford (off 70)
Jon Pilbeam (off 63)
Chris Saunders (off 63)

Substitutes (used *)
George Savage
Tasar Hassan * (on 63)
Paul Booth * (on 70)
Tom Fagg * (on 63)
Nick Luen

Lewis Moor
Tom Skelton
Andrew Whorms
Justin Hemmings
Adam Wadmore
Harry Draper (off 55)
Jamie Turner (off 69)
Sam O’Keefe (off 66)
Marvin Alaibolu
Junior James
Archie Jackson

Substitutes (used *)
James Parkinson
Marlon Patterson
Phil McBean * (on 55)
Jamie Twist * (on 66)
James Sutherland * (on 69)

Attendance: 214

Ashford United ran riot at the Homelands to totally blitz Beckenham Town by a margin of 6-1, in what was brilliant all-round display of attacking football, to extend the unbeaten league run to 10 matches.

United still harbour outside hopes of promotion, but it was the first league outing for the Nuts & Bolts due to cup exploits for some seven weeks, having not played since the Boxing Day match v Canterbury City.

The six goal sortie marked the fourth time this campaign that the side had reached half-a -dozen in a match, indeed at one stage the 7-0 early season victory at Rochester United was in danger of being surpassed.

The match started at a cracking pace under the watchful eye of Salisbury Manager Steve Claridge, perhaps looking for a few pointers in readiness for FA Vase quarter-final in Wiltshire in a week.

Shaun Welford volleyed into the hands of visiting goalkeeper Lewis Moor after seven minutes following a neat set up from debutant Jon Pilbeam, before Palmer headed over the crossbar from another Pilbeam assist.

George Kamurasi then denied Jamie Turner, but from his save a blistering breakaway saw Palmer force Moor to pull off a good save at the other end just a matter of seconds later. The lively Palmer then spurned a good opportunity scuffing more of the ground than the ball, as Ashford pressed for an opener.

United had a scare on 26 minutes, when a curling free-kick from Turner pinged back off the left-hand post with Kamurasi well beaten.

Another swift move saw Palmer pick out Welford who headed narrowly wide, the latter though wasn’t to be denied for much longer when he scored for the third successive match after 35 minutes.

The chance had been created by Pat Kingwell who unleashed a powerful effort, but the shot proved too hot to handle for Moore. All the overworked keeper could do was palm the ball away into the air, as Welford sneaked in to head home from tightest of angles from the left side of the six-yard box, to join Paul Booth on 21 goals for the season.

Eight minutes later Ashford doubled the lead through a quite sensational strike from Palmer, who latched onto a knock-down from Welford to rifle the ball past the forlorn Moore off the inside of the post from just outside the box.

From that moment it was pretty much one-way traffic as Beckenham tried their hardest to keep Ashford at bay.

Mikey Dalton raced down the left-wing to tee-up Charlie Dickens, who coolly picked out the bottom left-hand corner of the goal, to add number three on 58 minutes.

Shell shocked Beckenham were being carved open in midfield time after time, but in a rare attack Adam Cuthbert was on hand to produce a brilliant tackle on Archie Jackson.

Goal number four was added after 62 minutes when Pilbeam capped a fine debut with a neat chip from an acute angle, the ball though may have taken a slight deflection en route to goal.

It was the last action for Pilbeam, being replaced immediately after scoring by Tom Fagg, with impressive fellow debutant Chris Saunders also making way at this stage for Tasar Hassan.

Hassan had already fired over the bar before threading a neat pass in the path of Jack Healey, who then guided the ball across the six-yard box to Fagg to tap home and make it 5-0 on 74 minutes.

A combination of Cuthbert, Hassan and Booth then set up Fagg who added his second with another simple tap in from close range after 81 minutes.

Beckenham gained a consolation goal two minutes later when Phil McBean spoilt Kamurasi’s hopes of a clean sheet by scoring from the penalty spot.

The 6-1 result certainly whetted the appetite for the trip to Salisbury, but before that the Nuts & Bolts host lowly Rochester United on Tuesday evening, looking to keep the momentum going.

Match Reporter Kevin Hall